We have been learning to read and spell tricky words. It is so much fun!
Tricky words are words that we cannot sound out.
Learning tricky words is easier when we are learning through play.
Some ways we learn through play are;
- Play-doh words (roll the words out of play-doh)
- Magnetic letter words (magnetic letters on our whiteboards)
- Sand words (we make the words in sand)
- Painting words (using cotton buds)
- Roll and read games
- Bean bag toss (we throw a bean bag onto the words and read the words to win a point!)
- Eggy words app (a really FUN app for reading) http://readingeggs.co.uk/apps/eggy-words/
- Sight words app https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/sight-words-learning-games/id518258478?mt=8
If you want any more spelling ideas follow the link below or ask Múinteoir Laura!